Composr is absolutely amazing

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Chris GrahamLiked by Adam)
#6886 (In Topic #1816)
Standard member
mythus is in the usergroup ‘Community saint’

A little fanboy gushing, please ignore

Greetings,

I just had to take a minute out of my busy day to gush about this little CMS software.

I have seen composr grow from the early days of ocPortal 6 to what it is now. When ocPortal 9 moved to Composr 10, at first I felt like there was a regression. Things broke, things didn't work like they once did, it was change darn it! lol. But that tends to happen from time to time with big projects, and understandably that was quite the big upgrade.

When my needs (or should I say wants) evolved, there was regretably a time where Composr couldn't do what I wanted it to do. I had to instead turn to drupal to make use of views and a very hacky view insert module to do what I was after. But boy did I miss Composr. I didn't think it was possible to miss a piece of website development software.

So I came looking at Composr again, just to see what had changed and if I could figure out a way to use it again and make it fit my needs and wants. That is when, thanks to a brilliant english developer, I was led to the new secret weapon of Composr: selectcode and filtercode. This is freaking brilliant I tell you! A killer feature!

Thanks to that, I am able to make catalogues to store in repeatable page components, and call them where ever I want them via the catalogue embed block and filter code and select code! And it is baked in! No hacking here! You have no idea how much this delights this little database designer. This, in my humble opinion, has catapulted catalogues over views by a kilometer!

So please keep a chin up and keep up the good work composr developers! You rock and your software is becoming more and more amazing by the minute!

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Terry is in the usergroup ‘Well-settled’
1000% agree. This is literally the most complete and robust CMS ever. I think some new Themes would be nice, but it's really amazing software. And that beggs the question, how in the heck did Chris figure out all of this stuff? From Comcode to Tempcode to Catalogs, it's really amazing. But what's more...it hasn't crashed in years! I think v11 is going to be a game-changer for Composr. I believe the dialog boxes and icon set will take Composr to the next level.

Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Statistics

Users online:

babu, Vaiva, John Connor, ManojSree

Forum statistics:
  • 1,342 topics, 5,887 posts, 7,206 members
  • Our newest member is homemaker
Birthdays: