View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003793||Composr||health_check||public||2019-03-24 17:29||2019-03-25 18:44|
|Reporter||Chris Graham||Assigned To|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003793: Customisable regexps checks for pages to pick up on style issues|
|Description||Very commonly you have conventions for how things are worded, or common mistakes in HTML when using a WYSIWYG editor.|
1) A multi-word proper noun needing rather than spaces
2) Accidental double spacing using
3) Accidental white-space at end of a line
4) ... or a page
5) Forgetting to include TM/C/R symbols after certain words, or not putting them in superscript
6) Lines that are just white-space (like a paragraph with in)
7) Inconsistent use of full-stops at the end of list items
8) Inconsistency with word style, e.g. e-mail vs email, or vice-versa (depending on what is the determined standard)
9) Fake lists (i.e. not using proper HTML markup)
10) Fake bold, e.g. wrapping *asterisks* around words, or making things ALL CAPS.
11) Inline styles
13) Incorrect use of smart quotes
14) Incorrect use of hyphenation (maybe you want – rather than -, for example)
15) Poor use of <span>s setting font size or face. E.g. setting the size twice, in terms of nesting or sequentially. E.g. just changing the size of some white-space.
16) Fake headings, making a whole paragraph bold with no terminating full stop
17) Horrible markup from Microsoft Word or similar (detect ugly patterns, like setting margins on paragraphs or weird classes)
18) Non-semantic HTML tables, i.e. no <th> elements
You should be able to configure any number of regexps to spot these issue. Some would be defined as notices, others as warnings.
As these issues are things usually a developer will pick up on, rather than a typical content editor, probably it should be handled in an .xml file, similar to fields.xml. Then the programmer can easily amend it without having to sync any DB-based config changes from their dev server to a live server.
|Additional Information||We could also take a look at https://community.languagetool.org|
Maybe we could integrate with it if it is installed.
|Tags||ocProducts client-work (likely)|
|Time estimation (hours)||2|