Composr Supplementary: Adding New Page Options in Composr
Written by Steve Jarvis, Sponsored by Arvixe hosting
There are three ways you can go to add a new page to your Composr website. First we will show the normal full way, then two shortcuts.
Adding a page via the content section
- Go to the Admin Zone
- Navigate to the Content section of the Admin Zone menu
- Choose the "Pages (Comcode pages)" icon (you can view and edit any of the existing pages from this screen too)
- In the box titled New at the bottom give your new page a name and click Add. If you want to add the page to a different zone than the main welcome zone you need to include the zone name and page name separated by a colon in the new page name box. This will look something like ZoneA:NewPage
- Fill in the page information you want to add and add any information blocks you want to appear on the page. You can add an information block in the same way you would normally through the red square icon. Use blocks to display news pulled from elsewhere or a poll or any of the other useful blocks included in Composr as standard.
- Choose if you want the page to be a subpage of another page within the zone.
- Fill in the Search engine optimisation information including any Keywords/phrases and the page description.
- Tweak the page permissions if you need to for example you can make the page hidden from guests
- Click Preview
- If you are happy click Add Comcode page
Quickly adding child pagesWhen you are adding a page as a subpage of another page, you can go to the bottom of the parent page and click the "Add child page" option.
This option is only shown if the page you are adding under has got the main_comcode_page_children block on it (which is placed there by default for new pages).
Going to the URL and adding the missing pageIf you manually open up a URL like http://yourbaseurl/index.php?page=some_page_name then Composr will invite you to add the missing page.
Please rate this tutorial:
Have a suggestion? Report an issue on the tracker.