Error 503 Showing up

Posted
Rating:
#5082 (In Topic #1147)
Standard member
'Curtis L Brewington Sr. is in the usergroup ‘Fan in training’
All of a sudden, I'm getting 503 errors on my site. I have verified with my host that the server is not overloaded and other domains are working. This is the contents of the error_log file in the main directory:

[11-Oct-2018 19:36:21 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SUPPRESS_ERROR_DEATH in ...\global.php on line 270

Also, when checking the file location referenced, this is the current contents at and around this location:

What is the issue since I'm not a PHP programmer but can access the code, if needed.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Chris Graham is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
What version of Composr is it?

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Follow me on Minds (where I am most active). Support me on Patreon

Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
The latest version, 10.0.19.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
PM sent...

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Ok. PHP on this server is crashing when any PHP mysqli_fetch_field* functions are called. There must be some nasty issue somewhere.

I was able to re-code the db_get_query_rows function (in sources/database/mysql/mysqli.php) to work without using these functions. It isn't 100%, because any integers in the database are coming through to PHP as strings. But our code probably can tolerate that in the vast majority of cases.

Curtis, you should get onto the server owner. Also backup the sources/database/mysql/mysqli.php I did.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Follow me on Minds (where I am most active). Support me on Patreon

Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
curtisbrew is in the usergroup ‘Well-settled’
I will pass this on to the server operator. Thanks!

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by KingBast)
Site director
To resolve this better I have implemented a mysql_pdo database driver for Composr. I can confirm it seems to work stably on the server involved here.

It will be available in the next patch release.

Implemented MySQL PDO driver, and tuned some other MySQL code · ocproducts/composr@3f055e9 · GitHub

Curtis, please let us know if you find any issues. The whole test set passes though so it should be stable.

Was I helpful?

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Everything looks good so far. Thanks!
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Statistics

Users online:

Philip, Vaiva, MVLipwig, gabriel58, babu, mytracker

Forum statistics:
  • 1,031 topics, 5,035 posts, 5,807 members
  • Our newest member is latesthairstylez
Birthdays: