Change IP Address URL to a Name
#5277 (In Topic #1194)
I have a problem to change IP Address in my composr URL.
Can i change it to URL name and do you know how to do it?
Thanks for your help :)
1). Navigate to your installations config_editor.php script
- Login using the Master Password
- Locate base_url and change it to your URL in this format: http://mysite.com
- Locate domain and change it to your domain in this format: mysite.com
2). The same options can be edited from within your installations _config.php file
- Locate $SITE_INFO['domain'] and $SITE_INFO['base_url'], and change these items with the same formats used above.
Do you know how to make it connect to my composr? or maybe just to remove the port :81?
This would be a matter of configuring the web server, not configuring Composr.
Assuming you are using Apache, the port numbers, and domain settings, would be configured within the Apache settings.
If you are using some kind of hosting control panel like cPanel then it can do it for you, but I doubt you are if you're operating on port 81.
So for anyone to help you you probably would need to post your whole Apache configuration, including any vhost configuration files.
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.