#5476 (In Topic #1268)
First question being,
- Why is there 10.1 beta16.
- Is there an update on the progress of version 11, doesn't seem to be much info on this.
My appologies if these have already been answered elsewhere, just stepping back into composr after an extended absence.
Since v11 is going to be, to a large extend a redesign of some aspects (at least the default theme), v10.1.x beta was introduced so we would not have to wait until v11 to use utilise the new features.
However, to accelerate development of v11, addition of new functionality to v10.1.x beta was dropped, and updates to it are just the bug fixes kind. Essentially, if you remove the new e-commerce improvements, v10.0.x and v10.1.x beta are the same thing. Someone else would correct what am wrong at, if any.
However, meanwhile Salman has moved things forward very significantly while I've been busy. And Manoj has finished implementing our own new website in HTML/CSS (converting to a Composr v11 theme will be relatively simple now).
I'm hoping pretty soon this year I'll be able to wrap it all up and get it out the door. I'm well settled out here now, I just need to get a big chunk of time between client projects.
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
I am hoping once i relearn the basics of composr again i will be able to contribute some, albeit probably just with some more themes to start with.
Regards the ticket i submitted, i reread it after it was posted and it made no sense to me at all, so my appologies for the incoherent rambling. Anyway that has all been sorted, cheers.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.