News cat image and social sharing bar
#3396 (In Topic #638)
I have 2 questions.
1. I deleted standard preinstalled news categories. Created new ones I needed. Now when I post a news article, I end up with my avatar picture besides the article posted instead of the image chosen for the news category. Is there a way t change this?
2. I noticed this social sharing bar below the content of the topics, news (the one with a facebook and printer icon in it) contains a Facebook Like button. What do I need t change to replace standard FB button with the one with a counter?
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edit: by crkgb
I think it's a bug when the authors addon is not installed.
As for the 2nd issue, I think you have that backwards. By default we have a share button, and you want a like button.
For that you need to install and configure the facebook_support addon, or hand configure your own facebook integration into the BLOCK_MAIN_SCREEN_ACTIONS template.
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.