Before you may join you must acknowledge our anti-spam measures and agree to our rules. Read through, then at the bottom sign off and & proceed.
We have a number of very effective measures in place to eliminate spam. If you are only considering joining compo.sr to post spam links, consider how costly and ineffective it will be:
- We block links by default in member profiles, so stealth outbound links will not be effective
- Any link you have will be rel=nofollow, so will not help SEO at all
- Banned spammer accounts are reporting automatically to StopForumSpam, which will ban your IP address across many online forums
- We will contact the owner of any site spammers have been linking to, to warn them what disreputable companies have been doing in their name
- Spam posts are always deleted in under a day, so very few people will ever see them
- Suspicious new accounts are automatically shadow-banned with high accuracy, until manually approved
- You'll still need to solve CAPTCHAs for a while after joining, and bots will be effectively detected and publicly reported in multiple ways (Project HoneyPot, blackholes, ...)
It's very clear to us who is and is not a spammer, so don't worry at all if you are not. If you are a spammer and this site is on a list of high-profile sites you're paid to spam, get that list adjusted as it is working against you.
Please follow these simple rules…
- No profanity (swearing) or sexualised language. Some people will be offended by it, and the forums are designed to be a comfortable environment for everybody.
- No violent/sexual/bigoted content. This website is not a free speech platform, it's a community. Do not paste public links to said content without clear warning about it.
- Stay polite and don't intimidate. If someone is not being polite, report the post, don't escalate the situation.
- Do not spoil the experience of others for your own petty reasons.
Rules for quality content:
- Do not double post.
- Do not 'bump' content unless at least full 5 days have passed since you posted it. If you need to find a quick response, try and get one in the chat room.
- Do not post spam. You may advertise your own Composr website and Composr-related services in a restrained way, but you may not advertise non-related products or services.
- Keep topics on-topic. Do not post "laundry lists" of unrelated questions in a single topic (even if it's your own topic), do not hijack other people's topics for unrelated discussion.
- Either write in clear English that is easy to understand, or post in your native language (we have automatic translation).
- Try and post in the most appropriate forum. You may have discussions completely unrelated to Composr, but only in the General Chat forum.
- Do not try and impersonate anybody else.
- Do not try and hack anybody, or spread viruses.
- Do not intentionally undermine the privacy of other users, e.g. doxxing.
- Do not do any kind of illegal activity, such as promoting illicit drug use, grooming children, or any kind of criminal incitement.
- These rules may be enforced at the discretion of the moderators, with whatever punitive actions considered appropriate (warnings, post deletions, post edits, closing topics, bans, etc).
- Moderators also have the right to intercede for any reason if they feel it is important to maintain a quality experience for the users.
- Moderators have the ability to read private content, such as private topics and inline personal posts.
- It is user's own responsibility to scan content for viruses, etc.
- Any user breaking intellectual property laws is personally liable for it.
- No warranties are provided.